Did you know Dallas is only a 6-hour drive to America’s Best New Attraction? Johnny Morris’ Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium (WOW) in Springfield, Mo., voted by USA TODAY readers as the number one best new attraction in the country, is a brand-new aquarium and museum that has WOW’ed families and guests since it opened last fall.
The all-new 1.5-million-gallon Aquarium Adventure showcasing 35,000 live fish, mammals, reptiles and birds, and an immersive wildlife museum that brings visitors eye-to-eye with the greatest collection of record-setting game animals ever assembled. The museum’s 4D dioramas transport visitors into the sights, sounds and smells of the planet’s most extreme wildlife habitats.
As you consider destinations to feature for summer travel, Wonders of Wildlife provides families a fun environment that will encourage them to take a break from their digital lives to explore the natural world and create lasting memories. Here are just a few things guests experience at Wonders of Wildlife:
- Johnny Morris is often referred to as the Walt Disney of the Outdoors, and his signature creativity and attention-to-detail ensures there are surprises around every corner to amaze guests of all ages.
- Connect with wildlife like never before by immersing yourself inside a river full of piranhas, discover what it’s like to touch a stingray, traverse an underwater tunnel surrounded by river monsters and plunge to the depths of the ocean amongst spectacular sharks – the entire adventure is full of special touches you have to see to believe.
- 35,000 live fish, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and birds representing more than 800 species from around the world. Wonders of Wildlife brings visitors face-to-face with animals from every continent from the land to the sea, including sharks, rays, jellyfish, eels, eagles, river otters black bears, and so much more. Since it’s opening, the attraction has added two exciting exhibits that feature gentoo penguins and flamingos.
- 5 miles of immersive trails and creative exhibits including 1.5 million gallons of fresh and saltwater aquariums. The aquarium also features touch pools that allow guests to interact with stingrays and other aquatic animals.
- From April 13 – July 5, George W. Bush’s Portraits of Courage, a tribute to America’s warriors, will be on display for Wonders of Wildlife guests.