Part of DSC’s mission is to financially support projects and initiatives for public education, hunter advocacy and wildlife conservation and protection. Thanks to generous donations from hunters and conservationists, DSC has granted more than $2 million in 2016 and part of 2017, nearly double the amount of the prior period. To date, DSC has granted more than $7 million to projects worldwide.
DSC generates most of these funds from the annual DSC Convention and Sporting Expo held each January. Hunters from across the world travel to Dallas to celebrate hunting and give back financially to help tackle the toughest issues facing hunters today. The 2018 event is slated Jan. 4-7 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas.
“Due to the passion and generosity of DSC members and convention attendees, we were nearly able to double the amount of funds granted the previous year,” said DSC President Craig Nyhus. “The future of hunting will only be secured by those who understand its role, and DSC is honored to help the groups on the front line of conservation. As DSC and the convention continue to grow, so will our ability to have a positive impact on efforts to protect hunting and wildlife around the world.”
A short list of groups funded by DSC:
- DSC Foundation
- Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies
- Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia
- National Wild Turkey Federation
- Conservation Force
- Hunters for the Hungry
- NRA Institute for Legislative Action
- Operation Game Thief
- International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN)
- Professional Hunters Association of South Africa
- Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Texas Outdoor Writers Association, Inc.
- International Professional Hunting Association
- Namibia Professional Hunters Association
- Conservation Visions Inc.
- Delta Waterfowl